Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Into gaming as much as I am? Probably not if you're reading this blog, but in any event I'm going to tell you all about the great new Nintendo Wii games coming out in the next couple months. You'll find me owning probably all of these games as soon as I can get my trigger happy fingers on them. Heck, since this is going to be a list, I might as well make it, Captain Jimmy's Upcoming Kickass Wii Game List! (oh yeah . . .)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Yes ladies and gents, Samus Aran is back and that spicy little fox is rapping up her final a** kicking for the end of the the Prime series. While this is the firstMetroid game to utilize the Wii-mote, I'm informed that the first-person shooter style is nothing but simple and uber fun to use. If you have a Wii, be sure to download the video demos of the game in the Wii Shop. It's nothing but pure, jaw dropping, eye watering, brow sweating (and possible spandex wearing) action! Any chick that shoots aliens with plasma guns and wears an armor suit that can become a magnified ball is okay in my book.
Release date: August 27, 2007 (I know, that was over a month ago, but I haven't gotten a chance yet to go buy it).

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - You knew it was coming. As if I wasn't addicted to GH2 enough, once this puppy comes out I might as well submit my two week notice because I won't be leaving the house anymore. Luckily Activision decided to release this baby for about every system out there: PS2, PS3, XBox 360, Wii, even PC and Mac versions. With an awesome new battle mode and a co-op career mode, GH3 should just about rock out everybody's world! Jam out to many more songs by the original artists such as "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses, "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys and even "One" by Metallica. So much for all that cover crap. I also hear the push ups and pull downs are even easier in this version. I might as well start making my YouTube videos now of me rocking out like a crazy mo-fo, or 8-year old boy!
Release date: October 28, 2007.

Super Mario Galaxy - Let's face it; the last great Mario game that came jumping into this world was Super Mario 64 for the N64. Sure Super Mario Sunshine was fun, but what the flip was going on with that animated water hose backpack?Anywho , Super Mario Galaxy promises to have all the the great world artistry we have come to expect from the Mario Bros. series. Only, if you haven't gathered, this is galaxy, not world. Prepare for a planet hopping, spherical rotating extravaganza! This time you'll be collecting star fragments and even have a few new jump techniques in your plumber pants. Remember that thing you called sleep? Well you won't be doing it once you start playing this game. Oh yeah, the auto-camera is supposed to be a bazillion times better than the manual ones you're used to. Oops, I just wet my pants.
Release date: November 12, 2007.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - Who knows when this precious gem will find its way to stocked store shelves but be prepared for a frenzy when it does. With completely re-engineered multi-player action and a random Story Mode that will give you new games each time you play, the latest coke sniffing developers of this crazy who-haw should not disappoint you. Fact! Screaming, gurgling babies sound a lot like Rabbids. If only I could beat them and throw plungers in their faces, I'd be one happy gamer.
Release date: November 13, 2007 (provided the bunnies don't take over before that).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Possibly the most anticipated game for the Wii ever! Remember the last version; Melee? I do. It kept me up all night during finals week at college forcing me to partake in a weeks worth of tests without a lick of studying. Did I pass all my courses? Of course. Was it way better than stressing out over some crappy tests and study habits? Hell yes! Will I be doing something like this again when Brawl gets released? Probably. Although instead of skipping study time for finals I'm thinking more about getting to The Workplace late and leaving The Workplace early. As a plus, it looks like this game can be played with the Wii-mote, or the virtual console controller, or even an old-school GameCube controller. New characters such as Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus and Wario promise to make this action packed game more fun than a room full of River Dancing chimpanzees, or giving your little brother a swirly. Maybe even more fun than giving that little weird nerd with the goofy clothes at school a swirly. Let's hope so anyway. The Captain still resents you for that.
Release date: December 3, 2007.

1 comment:

DMM said...

Jimmy - I think for the next beach trip you should pack the Wii!!