Monday, March 20, 2006

It's no secret that two of my favorite TV shows are Stargate SG-1 and The X-Files. Yeah yeah, say what you want about my nerdy science fiction obsessions, but if Andy can like Stargate SG-1 then clearly you can't consider me weird (besides Stargate is currently the most popular sci-fi show on TV). Anywho since I've seen just about every episode of each I'm quickly discovering characters that appear in both series, as different characters of course. For a list of just a couple of these fine fellows, just keep reading.

William B. Davis. If you've ever watched The X-Files than I know you know this guy. He's the Cigarette Smoking Man, or Cancer Man as Mulder puts it sometimes. However, CGB Spender has made guest appearances in a couple of recent Stargate episodes as a foul looking Prior. Maybe all those cigarettes finally got to him.

Mitch Pileggi. He played Asst. Director Skinner in The X-Files. However you can now find him playing the role of Col. Caldwell on the spinoff series Stargate Atlantis.

Tom McBeart. He's the lovable Col. Maybourne of Stargate. While he may be Jack O'Neil's arch nemesis at the NSA, he can be found playing a couple different characters on The X-Files. One if which is Detective Gwynn who helps Mulder track down a couple of vampires thirsty for blood . . . and sex.

Megan Leitch. The fairly hot sister of "Spooky" Mulder, Samantha, while was abducted by aliens and made an appearance here or there as a clone and what-not she apparently has a twin elsewhere in this galaxy known as Linea, "Destroyer of Worlds." This is of course the younger Linea who accidentally comes down with amnesia while experimenting on a human race on some far off planet. That crazy Vorlix!

Don D. Davis. A League of Their Own fans know him as the manager of Racine, but us sci-fi nuts know him as General George Hammond on Stargate. This general however can also be found as Agent Scully's father in a few episodes of The X-Files.

Amanda Tapping. [Sigh.] This is the most recent find that was actually brought to my attention today. Yeah yeah, so I have a little crush on the attractive brainiac known as Samantha Carter. Now I'm no MacGyver, but I'm pretty sure she played a hooker in today's The X-Files episode, Avatar.

Nicholas Lea. Just for kicks I thought I'd throw Alex Krycek into the mix. He never really appeared on Stargate SG-1 but before he was the evil killer Krycek he was . . . well some guy that was abducted by aliens in one of the first couple seasons. Rarely do you find such a main character in a series play other insignificant roles.

So I'm pretty sure I missed some of them, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind. By the way. Have you seen the new TV commercial for the V-Cast Razor phone? It may be the funniest commercial ever. My favorite part:

Razor phone: Where's your cell phone.
Guy without phone: At home.
Razor phone: Because he's LAME!!!!

2 comments:

Moose said...

Well, I'm not familiar with X-Files, but if you were to watch Andromeda also, you'll see many more people from the Stargate universe.

Both Micheal Shanks and Chris Judge (Daniel and Teal'c) are android avatars. Lexa Doig (Dr. Lam) was also one.

Steve Bacic (the gould Camulus) was one of the main characters in the fourth and fifth seasons.

Brandy Ledford (a guest star in the episode 'Inferno') starred in the fifth season.

There are a couple more, but I think I've proven my nerdiness.

And that Razor commercial, like the majority of commercials, is quite stupid.

Moose said...

Oh yeah, and I was going to ask, "do you watch the new Battlestar Galactica?"