Monday, July 17, 2006

So I just got home from camp yesterday and it had been an amazing two weeks as always. It’s funny, every year at the end of camp I say I am never going back, yet when I see that application in the mail I can’t help but fill it out. I did keep notes on my two week there since internet access is a little hard to come by in Stony Brook, Long Island. Ergo, the next couple of posts will be recaps of days at camp. I’m thinking this will be a little different and yet a little fun.

July 11, 2006

So I woke up this morning with what I am calling “Mutant Eye.” I had absolutely no idea what was going on. When I woke up my left eye felt a little strange so I took a glance in the mirror and here the whole bottom area of skin under my eye was swollen and flabby. I could feel skin meeting together like a double chin. This of course drooped the lower eyelid a little causing my left eye to appear bigger than my right. All this together helped me coin the term Mutant Eye. My eye itself wasn’t red, gunky or anything like that so I ruled Red Eye out. The only other symptom I noticed was a slight tenderness at the base of my eye. And of course, like a giant pimple, I thought the whole world was looking at it. By mid-afternoon I had discovered the cause of Mutant Eye. Turns out I had a nice little white pimple just on the inside of my lower eyelid. How in the crap does one get such a thing? I didn’t even think something like that was possible! Of course being the skin OCD that I am I had to pop the darn thing. This is where things get a little gross so if you’re squeamish, turn away. The little bugger popped quite easily with a nice flood of white gunk flowing from its center. I quickly washed my eye out so the deadly toxins wouldn’t blind me (actually the whole thing kind of freaked me out and I had to make sure there was nothing left in my eye) and if you’ve ever tried to do that in a public restroom you know that is NOT an easy feat. Anyway, by dinner time my Mutant Eye had been vanquished and I was once again back to my normal symmetrical eye-self. The eyelid pimple just about rivals the inside--the--nostril pimple. Have you ever had one of those mothers?

No comments: