Monday, September 12, 2005

Remember those good old elementary school days when you used to walk home from school? And on every corner there was a student safety patrol crossing person who told you when you could cross the street. It's a good thing you had that older kid there to tell you that the coast was clear and you could cross safely wasn't it? Okay, reality check here. Guess what, you were about 8 or 9 at the time and that "older kid" telling you when you could cross the street, yeah we was about 11. Now I'm not a parent and I don't play one on TV, but I'm pretty sure there's no way I would be letting my 8 year cross the street by himself just because a 5th grader told him he could. Sure when you're 8 a 5th grader seems so old, so mature, but know let's look back on things with our experienced eyes. Are people crazy?! Does this seem logical to you??!! Can schools actually allow this???!!! Actually encourage such behavior????!!!! Maybe it's different when you actually have kids, but I find that hard to believe. I'll let you know my thoughts then if that ever happens I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those "older kids" did have flags to stop the on-coming traffic.