Thursday, June 22, 2006

My latest gripe: People that think they know it all, but really don't, then try to convince you that they really do. Maybe I’m just an idiot but I prefer to let them know they don’t know it all. So it upsets them a little, sometimes it upsets them a lot. Do I really care? Not an ounce. Did you ever know one of those people? They just try to get under your skin and try and shut you down and be-little you the best they can. The best thing about these types of people is that when they can’t get under your skin, you get under there’s. It’s a very bittersweet payback.

People manipulation is one of my specialties actually. I never abuse this talent, but I do amuse myself with it from time to time. Take for instance the game I used to play in college with my friends. I called it, “Let’s see how late I can keep people up.” The game was quite simple. I would see how long I could keep people talking to me late at night after they decided it was time to leave. I was really good at it. My record was about 3 hours I think. The best part about was that once my friends caught on, I’d still play the game, and with quite success. The other best part was seeing my friends dead tired the next morning. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t the nicest thing in the world to do, but any one of those people would concur that it was indeed quality time spent with yours truly, and what isn’t nice about that? So just a note for you people out there trying to manipulate other people, you really don’t want to try it with me. I am NOT your friend and I am NOT amused by your petty tactics.

On a separate note (not really) if you work in an office and you don’t read the comic strip Dilbert, you are definitely missing out. Here is yesterday’s edition:

4 comments:

Tim said...

I remember that game. It was better to play on your team then against you. Just like Monopoly, make alliances then eliminate certain people.

Andy said...

I remember the game too, but I never played...well, either that or I won...I'm a little foggy on the rules. If I wanted to go to bed, and you tried your game, I was fully capable of telling you to shut up. Amy Hall on the other hand...

Miss Bol said...

I've got to agree - some of the best times I had in college were nights where you played that stupid game. And in case you were wondering, aforementioned Monopoly alliances are evil and cheap.

Anonymous said...

I maintain that I consciously chose to stay up and was never a contestant of the "game." And who are you kidding...I was tired every morning.