Sunday, September 28, 2003

So let me tell you alittle about where I live, AKA, The Cove. It's called the cove because this area of the world resides in a place that is completely surrounded by mountains. Pretty much its a cove in the mountains, maybe that's where the name came from? So Matchstick Men came out a few weeks ago and my girlfriend and I decided to go see it yesterday evening, AKA, saturday night. Now it was raining and storming outside and the movie theatre is very nice (it even has seats for overweight people, or i guess it could pose as a seat for high school couples to make out in too) so I assumed there would be a decent amount of people there. A very wrong assumption. I guess people are too busy milking their cows and plowing their crop to come see a movie because there was approximately 20 people in that theatre. By the way, the movie is great. I highly recommend it. And for those who know me, you know that's a compliment when it comes to movies. Perhaps someday the locals, AKA, people who live with me in the cove, will stop milking cows and do something fun for a change, AKA, LIVE A LITTLE!
Oh I should add this, there was a big Amish wedding here last thursday. I must have past at least seven buggies on my way to work thursday morning. Just so you know, the old fashion Amish have their weddings on tuesday and thursday mornings at 9:00am. It takes me 15 minutes to drive to work, it takes a horse and buggy hours just to travel the same distance. Come on! How does that make cars evil?

No comments: