Thursday, September 25, 2003

Wow, big surprise today . . . Still no cable modem! All right, I have had about enough of these shanagins. Feeling left out? About three weeks ago I called our cable company and told them I wanted broadband. They said, "Yeah! We'd be happy to do that, in fact we'll even give you the first two months free!" "Rock on!" I said. A week later they came out to install it. RAHHHHHH!! The cable lady says, "Your signal is too weak, I check the readings and I'm afraid that your cable line coming from the box outside will need to be replaced." "Huh, thats why our channels never came in clear," I said. "Definately. That's why you need that cable amplifier there. I'll tell the company the line needs to be replaced and I'll come back the day after they replace it." "Rock on!" I said.

Flash forward two weeks until yesterday. Cable company was supposed to come and replace the cable line. "The channels don't look any better," my dad said. "I agree, I bet they didn't come. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when the cable lady comes to install the modem."

Flash forward to today. Cable guy comes out. "Huh, there doesn't seem to be a strong enough signal," he says. "Oh boy . . . " "Let me call and see what they did yesterday . . . uh huh . . . uh huh . . . oh. So Mr. Barley it turns out they only replaced the ends of your cable yesterday. You'll have to make an appointment for them to come out and replace the whole line." This is the part where I drift off and imagine myself strangling the dickens out of this guy!

So tomorrow it looks like I'll be doing the usual circle with the cable company. Stupid company. Too bad they're getting bought up soon. Maybe some day I'll have high speed internet, until then I'm stuck with the limits of the dialing phone.

No comments: