Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I never understood the concept of opposites attracting. Many people know that I am against this theory as I have argued against it many many times. Studies are now finally coming out that support my theory of similars attracting more. Here's my two cents worth of free advice on the matter. When you start a relationship, you may find yourself attracted to qualities the your significant other has that you don't. Some people may call it attraction...I find it border lining on lust. That's something that will never last. Don't confuse similar characteristics with similar personalities. You may think at first glance just because you share the same beliefs or characteristics with someone that you're going to get along great. Really, I think it comes down to personality. If your personalities are different, then how will you ever get along? You can argue about beliefs all day long. But unless your personalities are similar, the discussion is not going to go well. So next time you meet someone and think, "Hey! He/She (not He-She as in a Shim, unless that's your thing) has got everything I don't! We're perfect together." Take some time and get to know the person. Get to know their personality and who they really are. Even if it takes time, it will be much better in the long run. Don't be afraid to take a chance and get to know someone. Don't be afraid of what life has to offer you. Accept it with an open hand and run with it!

No comments: