Monday, June 20, 2005

So I've been staying away from soda (pronounced pop here in The Cove) for the last year or so. I have had it every now and then, usually mixed in with some sort of alcoholic beverage. But my all time favorite, and probably will forever be so, is The Dew. Call me woman-esk, but I had this amazing craving for The Dew today at work. So I picked myself up out of my programming chair, and trotted on down to the floor vending machine. I flashed a nice smile at the cute girl I walk past about everyday and dug some change out of my right front pocket. It had been so long since I drank a soda straight from the bottle my mouth just burned for the smooth, fresh taste of The Dew. No sooner was I back at my desk then I was twisting the cap off and guzzling down my first swallow. Oooo it was mighty tasty. Back in my college days, I'd down gallons of this stuff like it was going out of style. My body had become so accustomed to the caffeine I had completely destroyed any type of caffeine high ever, and effectively weeded out any weak sperm I may have been carrying for all eternity. But that was then, and this is now. I finished the bottle off in typical Captain Jimmy style; about 6 lifts to the mouth, with three to four big gulps per mouth feed. Oh yeah that was nice. Come 330ish, however, the stomach decided my little Dew desire was not all fun and games. I felt full until dinner. Where did that come from? You barely touch the stuff for a year and suddenly it comes back to haunt you! Alas, my love for The Dew will remain the same, and perhaps a little trip to the vending machine every now and then isn't a bad thing. Maybe some day the cute girl I pass will actually know I'm smiling at her and not the non-existence people behind her...

No comments: