Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I caught a big ol' flounder today! Okay, so the fish was neither big, nor old, but it was a flounder. It got caught in my cast net while I was attempting to catch some bait fish and shrimp. So far fishing for me here in South Carolina has been anything but extraordinary. I've been fishing on Sunday, Monday, and Today (for at least 5 hours a day (who the heck goes to the beach when you go to the beach? Not me, especially when the heat index is 115+!)) and all I caught was a single spot tailed bass about the size of a Chinese ruler (whatever the heck that means). I blame my luck, I blame the heat, I blame the tide, but I don't blame the drinks. In any event, I still stand by the claim that a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Not that I would know what a good day at work would be like. A bad day (or week) of fishing I am quite familiar with. Somedays I still wish I had become a park ranger. What that has to do with this post I'll never know. Just thought you'd all like to know.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

A park ranger? You don't give me the impression of a park ranger. But ok, we all have dreams. Maybe you should be a professional fisherman. That might be fun! If you actually liked the beach you could be a lifeguard. I bet you'd pick up all kinds of hot chicks as a lifeguard. But I would definitely consider the fisherman thing. I can picture you on a boat for days & days with no shower, smelling like...Fabric Softener!!