Sunday, January 28, 2007

You know what I think is stupid about Latin routed languages? It’s the fact that we have to have thirty million words that mean the same thing. In my opinion synonyms should be outlawed! If you hate something, you say you hate it, not be able to have options like abhor, detest, loath, dislike, and so on and so forth. Now I know what you’re thinking, “those words all have slightly different meanings.” Ah! Don’t give me that smut! The minor differences in definition of those words are completely negligible in my opinion. Now I don’t know a whole lot about pictogram languages such as Chinese, or ancient Egyptian, but it would seem that in such a language you wouldn’t have those kinds of redundancies. Ahh an efficient language: music to an engineer-programmer’s ear. If only human languages were as efficient as computer languages. Of course songs and poetry probably wouldn’t be too good if they couldn’t find the right word. That’s where we humans differ from computers I suppose. While computers calculate off of logic and logic alone, we humans have the ability to be creative and spontaneous, a concept that I don’t ever see a computer comprehending or demonstrating. Hopefully . . .

No comments: