Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back at the YP last night. There were lots more people there this time that last time. You had to push your way to the bathroom and in to and in the dance floor. On the plus side, I didn't have to wear a custom made t-shirt that attracted bizarre people...

Clubs are an interesting place. I'm still trying to get accustomed to the whole atmosphere there. There are people everywhere and of all different ages. People too young to be there, people too old to be there. And when places are that packed, personal space does not exist. You push your way thru groups of people as other people brush up against you when you least expect, and who knows if they are really brushing up on you by accident. Especially out on the dance floor.

At one point I went to use the bathroom and came back and there was an extra person at our table, Jill. Steph was talking to her when I got back and I was introduced. Later when I got to ask Steph where she knew her from her reply was, "I don't." Turns out Jill had seen Steph at other clubs before and was looking for some friends that were to meet her there, so happened to sit and start talking to Steph I guess (friends of the band seem to want to know all the other friends of the band). It's a whole different culture inside clubs. I think I fit in pretty well for not knowing too much about them. But then when you're a minority being white at an inner city high school, you learn to adapt to any culture rather quickly...

No comments: