Monday, February 07, 2005

Thanks to Andy, I’ve begun looking for new music to listen to (can you actually look for music?). I’ve grown extremely tired of what’s on pop music radio anymore. The songs are either about sex, high school relationships (usually involving sex) or about violence. Honestly, it’s not good. I mean, look who is popular these days: Ashley Simpson, P.Diddy, [insert other bad artist here]. It’s why I turned to Country about 6 months ago. Frankly the songs have humorous stories and they’ve got a beat you can tap your feet too. Sure it’s not what I grew up with or even liked, but our lives change, and sometimes we just need to swim against the current to get to where we want to be. So as they say in Hawaii, “Aloha.” It means both hello and goodbye, sort of like the next chapters in our lives. We say goodbye to the old yet hello to the new. While music is just one change in my life, it’s symbolic of much more. And just like my life, the music I listen to is very diverse, yet utterly free. So here’s to reaching out for what’s new, but never forgetting what was once had.

No comments: