Sunday, February 08, 2004

After I caught up on my sleep this morning, I decided to put together the elliptical machine my dad and I picked up yesterday. I nearly died getting it into the house yesterday, but luckily, no death resulted. My dad pulled his shoulder muscle a week ago so could only lift with one hand. I was supposed to be "being careful" since my spleen could rupture. This puppy ways a few hundred pounds. It was in a box about 75" long. Once we dragged it basement door, things moved a little more quickly. It nearly ran me over at the bottom of stairs as it slid way to quickly for me to stop it. Anyway, once we took the arm-rail off the stairs, we got the box nestled snuggly onto the basement floor. The assembly of the beast was simple. Attach a few hand-rails, a screw here a screw there and you're done. I've tackled much worse. However, the much worse I've tackled didn't have sharp plastic. I decided to see how a potato feels like when it's skinned as I sliced about an inch of skin right off the top of my left index finger. Two bandaids were needed to cover that badboy up. It looked pretty ugly. A few minutes later I decided to slice my thumb on the exact same piece of plastic. Luckily this one wasn't as bad but i wasn't too happy. I finally finished about 30 minutes later and things worked great. It only cost me an index finger and thumb. Luckily the arcade assembly wasn't as painful.

Arcade updates made today.

No comments: