Thursday, February 26, 2004

I ran for the first time today in months! It felt great! A little painful, and a little out of shape, but it's all good! Hopefully there will be many more running days ahead.

I had a meeting today with the other programmers and programmer managers at The Workplace today. It made me feel good about not being a general programmer. There were more acronyms tossed around in that meeting than there are footballs in a New England Super Bowl. Acronyms such as IBM, CITRIX, CMS, .NET, VB6, DB2, SQL, FTP, IDE, MSDE, IE5 and PDA just to name a few. If you can tell me what even half of those stand for I'd be impressed. We also discussed something called a China Wall. I still don't know what this term means, but it apparently gives freedom to people at the meeting to speak freely and "not cast blame" on other for problems. Did you pick up the sarcasm? It was nothing too exciting, and I'm glad a lot of what I do doesn't fall under some of the general programming guidelines. All in a days work I guess.

I'm slowly becoming a master at Web programming. Heck I could generate an SQL command and pull data out of my a** with nothing more than the web, a melon, and a coat hanger. You might as well call me Jimmy-gyver.

No comments: