Saturday, February 07, 2004

What a day! Yesterday I got home from work and suddenly the phone rang. I picked it up, and who was on the other line but none other than Amy! What a surprise! She told me I was to come down to Messiah to watch the last episode of Ed. What can I say? I'm a big push over. 2.5 hours later, I'm at Messiah eating pizza and catching up with old friends. Then, it was time to watch Ed. We all gathered 'round the TV and were mildly shocked by the mysterious sound issues happening to NBC. It sounded like talking Sims, only worse. Funny, the other channels were perfectly normal. We frantically searched the radio waves to see if NBC was simulcast on any station but we were out of luck. All we were left with was closed caption. However, 2 minutes into the show we realize the people of Ed talk WAY too fast and we couldn't keep up. Then, we had a great idea! We called up Roman, and after me yelling at him on the phone, we talked him into holding his phone receiver up to his TV speaker the whole episode while we listened to Ed via speaker phone. What a memorable night. There couldn't have been a better way to end an era of great friends, great times and a great TV show.

After Ed, we took off to TGI Fridays for some after-Ed drinks. Amy got the kiddy drink, while Kate, Vikki and I got REAL drinks. Ultimate drinks in fact. But boy was that car ride hot!! Four of us were crammed in the back seat with the heat blasting! But it was a great time. Didn't get much sleep last time as we talked until about 3 AM catching up on life. Nothing beats spending time with friends who mean everything to you. Even if you're doing nothing.

No comments: