Wednesday, February 11, 2004

What a relief! My hairs have been growing since the beginning of January and I finally got them cut today. I like getting my hairs cut. Most people see it as a pain, but I think it's kind of nice. Someone washes your hairs for you, and it feels good. Nothing beats the old trimmer down the back of the neck. Oooo I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I get my hairs cut by Lisa in at Shear Techniques. She has been cutting my hairs since, wow, before I can remember. She's very nice. Usually, I don't say a whole lot. I just sort of sit there and let her do her thing. Today we started talking about orange juice for some reason. Then the topic quickly changed to V8 and then to eating junk. Before I knew it, I was involved in what I like to call "Girl Talk." Usually Girl Talk is meaningless babble conversed usually one-on-one or in groups by women. The conversation has absolutely no point and it will never EVER influence your life in anyway. But as I sat there I thought, "Hmmm, why am I having this conversation. This is Girl Talk. I'm getting a little scared. What's happening?!" And just like any typical girl involved in Girl Talk Lisa was getting all excited and happy over futile topics; orange juice, V8 and junk food. Although I left Shear Techniques with a great haircut, I couldn't help but feel my masculinity was violated as I walked out of the door . . .

No comments: