Monday, June 14, 2004

An interesting weekend. Though, if you ever go to visit your friend who still lives at home, make sure you plan something or else you'll be running errands for his mom the whole day! Most of the day Saturday was spent going to the grocery store to get food for lunch, which was never made, running back and forth form house to garage sale to get all furniture back to the house, taking mom to the nail place, getting the car fixed, picking up Mom from the nail place and then getting more furniture at the yard sale. Needless to say, PLAN SOMETHING WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

Friday, when I got to Annapolis, Roman and I headed out to a place called Key West. It was a bar where a Jimmy Buffet cover band was playing. Apparently it was also Ron-A-Polooza night. I am still as clueless about this as you are. I guess there was some guy named Ron there and we were celebrating his existence. Anywho, most of the people where were in their 40s and had gone to high school with the band. Well, Roman and I weren't there for too long until we realized that all the "adults" around us, were GROUPIES! And groupies for a cover band at that! It was quite the scene. By the time we left, most of the people there were drunk and our Philippine waitress was singing Margarietaville on stage into the mike. This might have been okay had her voice not been high and squeaky and had she known that she did indeed sound awful. But she loved it, the groupies loved and we had a fun night!

Sunday I drove back home to play some V-Ball at The Park. My team went defeated the whole night! Though we think we did win one game, but the scorekeepers had a little trouble keeping track of the score (that's why I personally never keep score) and we had some poor line judges, a.k.a., players on the other team. But, I could have cared less. I go to play, and that's what I did!

No comments: