Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Now I've never been one for shopping, but last night I experienced something so grand that may just make me a shop-a-holic! So I was at amazon.com scoping for some new books to read. I found one I've been wanting to read for a while now (The Di Vinci Code), and there on the right hand side of the screen was a button. It read something along the realm of "1 click purchase." I though, "Hey, I want to buy this book, let's click and see what that does." So I clicked it, and BOOM! It said my order had been processed and was underway! I about wet my pants right there on the spot! No stupid forms to fill out, no addresses, names, credit card numbers, phone numbers, mom's maiden names, none of that junk! I have an account there and, imagine this, they actually USE the information I gave them. Tell me why I wouldn't buy from there again? You can't think of a reason can you? I thought the same thing. Then I saw, "Buy another book, and don't pay shipping!" That was it! Bowel movement all over the place! There was nothing left to do but find another book and buy it. So I found one, clicked the oh-so-magical button, and that was it! No shipping, two books, and a dirty seat, but who cares! If every website could make ordering that simple, I'd be broke!

Okay, next topic. A few days ago I called up a friend and asked her if she wanted to play some Frisbee Golf. She responded, "Frolf??" I said, "No no. Frisbee Golf." She said, "Yeah, Frolf." Now, if this were any other friend they'd be making this stuff up just to humor me. But she was dead serious about this Frolf. Now, I'll be the first to admit, I am no expert on the game of Frisbee Golf, but I do know enough it to know what its name is. I told her so and she insisted that her friends play and its called Frolf. This is like calling the game of volleyball vball, but promising like vball and not "V" Ball. It just isn't right. After just excepting what she had to say, I inquired more into the game her friends play. Now, keep in mind, these people have grown up in The Cove, but I feel that really isn't a good excuse for what you are about to hear. It appears that Frolf is a game in which you would use a club (any club will do I believe) and actually whack a Frisbee, on the ground and attempt to hit a target. Now, two things came to mind. If I ever would whack a Frisbee with a club, I guarantee I would break it in a few rounds. And second, How can you possibly even hit it anywhere! It would take all day to knock the disk to a single target! The amazing part was my friend actually thought that was how you play. It's all good now, I have her squared away, and I promise, you will never find me playing this game of Frolf!

No comments: