Friday, June 18, 2004

Tell me the point in using the debit on my Visa Check Card instead of the credit? I'm charged to use it. I get no real benefit from it. I have to enter a stupid PIN that the guy whose looking over my shoulder can surely see since it can only be 4 numbers. Thus, why would I not use the credit part of the card? It still takes the money directly out of my account. It's very secure. I don't need any ID to use it (provided I remember to sign the back of the darn thing) and it doesn't cost me anything extra? Why am I even given the option of debit? But even worse, why are places like the movie theatre making me use the debit! Come on now. If you can do the debit, I know you can do the credit!

By the way, I really hate those new emission inspections they are doing on cars along with the "annual" inspection. It costs me an extra $60 for the mechanics to simply visually inspect my car's exhaust system. And by visually inspect I mean with only their eyes (or eye, remember we are in The Cove here), these guys simply check to make sure they can see two parts. They don't care if they work at all! All they do is look at the darn thing and then charge me $60. To top it off, the "annual" inspection is now semi-annual for some reason as I now have to take my car in yet again in 12/04. Come on now! It's a brand spankin' new car! Give me a break! And give me my money back! I am not paying for Mr. Mechanic's other eye!

No comments: