Monday, September 13, 2004

So supposedly someone forgot to give me the memo about not eating lunch today at 1200 PM. Ashley and I went down to the cafeteria at the usual time and there was no one there. We sort of cracked a joke about it and continued to get our food. So we were about half way thru the food way and Gary told us we couldn't eat then. "Didn't you read that notice?" he said. Ashley and I just sort of looked at other like he was kidding. I thought, "Well, I didn't get an email about it and no one said anything." Well it turns out the really high up people haven't realized that we have what is called an email server that can send an email announcement to everyone at The Workplace (all at the same time mind you) about any thing that needs to be announced. Like for instance not eating lunch from 1200 PM to 1230 PM due to a large external group eating lunch there. Apparently, other people found it more humorous to over hear Ashley and I discussing about going to lunch, then leave for lunch, and then laugh at us behind our backs. Why should I be nosing around the coffee pot looking for messages on paper about lunch when 1. I don't drink coffee every day, and 2. WE HAVE EMAIL FOR THAT KIND OF STUFF!!!

No comments: