Tuesday, March 29, 2005

So I donated blood yesterday for the first time to someone other than myself. I had no excuses anymore. The Red Cross actually came to The Workplace, so I did my job of signing up. The questions they ask you these days before giving blood are way more painful than the actual procedure. Stuff like, "Have you ever had sex with someone from Africa?", "Have you ever been to Africa?", "Have you lived in Germany for at least 6 months between the years X and Y?", "Have you ever had sex with a man who had sex with another man?" I can understand why they need to ask the questions, but it's just very straight to the point and cold. Oh well I suppose. The one nurse actually wouldn't take the blood from the left arm because my vein was too big. How about that one? That's never happened before. So I had to give up the right arm. Why I couldn't remove my bandages for an hour or 4 afterward is beyond me. I took those things off as soon as I was back at my desk. How do they expect me to code when I can't even bend my arm comfortably. And darn those people if they didn't rip half my arm hair off when they took that tape off...

No comments: