Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I have just been informed of a major spelling mistake! I could go back and edit yesterday's blog, but it almost seems funnier as is. But if you are curious, it should be nipples, not nibbles.

On the work side today, I spent the whole day installing and learning about this software called Visual SourceSafe, or VSS in computer lingo. Basically what it does manage all of your source code for your computer programs. It's pretty slick. You run this software on a server that also has your source code, then when you want to go in and change stuff, you have to check out, and check in your files. This allows for multiple people to be modifying the same program at the same time. You can also easily go back to previous versions of your software if you feel as though your recent changes should be undone. And the coolest part is, since I am the first one to test and run and install this stuff, I get to be the Administrator of it all. That means, if you want to install it, or you need privileges, you come to me! I am the key holder, the answer man, and the just The Man!

Freddy Says: "My computer . . . it's just sitting there! It's not doing anything!!"
Let it be noted that that is what computers do if you do not interact with them!

No comments: