Thursday, April 08, 2004

Now I'm not a big fan of golf. In fact, if you know me, you know that I actually enjoy mocking the sport and the people that play it. Despite the fact that I don't really enjoy golfing [sic], I do have a lot of respect for those that play it. Heck my dad is a golfer and his dad was a golfer. These guys are hitting a ball, about the size of my eye, with a stick with a big fat end on it, and are in complete control of where the ball goes. I am amazed at the skill you need to play the sport. Of course, it still doesn't mean I like to golf [sic]. If you're wondering why I'm writing about golf today, it's because The Masters, probably the most respected golf matches of the year, is being held right now in its annual location, Augusta, GA. While my dad, being the avid golfer that he is, has never played this course before, he does tell me it is the mecca of all golf courses. People go to bed dreaming of the day they may someday even be special enough to attend the all-great tournament let alone play the course. I'm told $20,000 wouldn't even cover a month's worth of membership there. In fact, I was even informed that my grandfather was offered tickets, not to spectate, but play at the awed-course (not in The Masters). He turned them down on the account that his wife was unable to go with him. That my friends is commitment. That would be like me turning down a helicopter ride to the top of Mt. Alaska to snowboard in 6 feet of powder. Fat chance of that ever happening. So while I may not like to golf [sic] and I may even mock those that do, I do admire the skill it takes to play the sport, and the men that play it.

By the way, since this is live, I just heard Tiger Woods say, out loud, "I am so f***ed." And he didn't hide any letters saying it.

No comments: