Monday, April 26, 2004

If you could over-do-it on frisbee this past weekend, then I'd say I did it. I should have taken the hint Saturday when it hurt to walk, but I didn't. I played hard again Saturday afternoon. Then came volleyball Saturday night and finally more frisbee Sunday afternoon. Come Sunday evening I could barely get up from a sitting position. But like I said before, it was so worth it! And Andy knows what I'm talking about; being muscle sore is a great feeling!

Once I got to work this morning, the soreness started going away, but a nice stiff drink tonight might make things even better. I'm working on a time clock at work these days. It uses a OP7200 touchscreen with a Rabbit 2000 board and processor. We've got a barcode reader that spits out the bar code ID in RS-232, while the touch screen interface should allow users to clock in and clock out with ease. These Rabbit boards are quite robust. There's an Ethernet port, allowing the Rabbit board to be a web server on top of everything else it can do. Our ultimate goal would be to clock people in and out and send that information real-time via Ethernet to our main computers miles away, yet still allowing user to hit the Rabbit board via web browser to see the state of the unit and possible records for the day. I'm still amazed at what this little $400 piece of work can do. And, I seem to learn new things it can do everyday!

No comments: