Wednesday, August 18, 2004

So today I was coding as usual when the phone rang, and suddenly, a plant was down. This is where I step up to save the day one more time. However, this plant had loaded to go out NOW and their computer was d-e-d, dead! They were quickly getting trucks lined up waiting to load. So I grabbed the PC and made a mad dash to the van. I jumped in and took off like a bat out of Hades. Now, luckily this plant isn't too far away with a normal driving time of 20 minutes or so. Unfortunately the fastest way there is thru Snake Creek Road. Obviously if the creek is like a snake, then so is the road, and I needed to make some serious time! So I was driving like it was the final stage of Grand Turismo 3. I'm breaking before the turns and accelerating thru, except I'm in a huge utility van. I'm flying past tractors and mail trucks while drawers are opening and closing all over the place in the back. Dale Earnhardt would have been proud. I made super time in less than 15 minutes, and had the plant up and running in about 30 minutes since the phone call. I'll tell you what, if only all plant fixes were that exciting . . .

No comments: