Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Again, up in arms with The Workplace, but still truckin' along (pun intended). You know what I was pondering today? Why do I do what I do? I mean, I look at what other people do and I think, "Yeah I could do that." I can make cabinets for a living. I can teach students for a living. I can landscape, I can design roller coasters, I can dig for fossils. I can do it all! Of course all of that stuff would require more education, but that's easy enough. Why should I sit around coding all day when I could be off in Outback, Australia tending a bar, or Antarctica researching . . . Well, whatever it is they research there? It really makes me ponder if I will ever find a "true calling." Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I can hardly think of something I wouldn't love to do. I'll tell you this, with all that's out there waiting, and all the time I've got to live, I'm going to experience one heck of a lot of stuff!

No comments: