Saturday, October 30, 2004

Okay, so the party last night was quite the party! There was drinking and dancing and drinking, more drinking, and yes, even more drinking. Luckily I had to drive myself home so I took it easy on the booze. However, the party organizer who plays on my volleyball teams was quite wasted. Now, when I say wasted, I'm talkin' completely Joed (for those of you who are not familiar with this term, you'll have to talk to Joe Blake for an explanation)! But it was tons of fun. They had good and I knew the four people that I went with. I found some ripped up jeans and blue shades and that old purple vintage shirt and went as a hippie. If I had longer hair it might have been more ideal, but it was a costume. The more disturbing incident of the night was when they started to play The Thong Song and the overweight biker dude dropped his drawers to show everyone his thong. "Oh my gosh my eyes! My eyes! It didn't help either he didn't pull his pants up until the song was over. Again, it was quite the party.

So today I had an eye appointment. It's been the third year in a row without a prescription change! Very nice. I even asked about LASIK surgery since nothing would make me happier than to wake up and be able to find the bathroom without putting my glasses on. My eye doctor said I'd be a good candidate so I'm sure I'll pursue this further. It's a bit expensive but then I'd recoup that over the years with not having to purchase contacts, glasses or solution, all of which can add up fairly quickly.


Finally, I ended the morning getting my new driver's license. Boy they've got some interesting people working there. One guy looked at my birth date, did some quick mental calculations and told me what day of the week I was born on. I was impressed. Luckily it took me a whole 5 minutes to get a new photo and driver's license printed up. The people may be a little out there, but they got me on my way in no time. That's all that matters.

No comments: