Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Great news! I found a wireless network to hitch-hike across while I'm in Boston. Let's hope no one finds out I'm using it. Anyway, this means an updated blog for you! Hurray!

Well, the second vision conference was from 3 to 5 pm today. It was a little more boring than the morning session. One guy actually fell asleep at this one and was snoring quite loudly! Luckily, Ashley called during a presentation so I got a little break from it. The presentations weren't real bad. One of the presenters wouldn't give a lot of detail on his project because it was some multi-million dollar package that the client didn't want to go into detail about. His lack of detail resulted in a presentation about which I know nothing about. Poor idea buddy, considering I know very little about vision to begin with. Oh well.

One guy was exactly my type. He talked about vision with label inspection and pretty much mocked his clients for wanting to make sure the label was on straight for Fluffy's Can O' Cat Food. He also stated how important it is to make sure the label is on the correct can. Because, there's nothing worse than knowing you're allergic to corn, opening a can labeled "beans", but in reality has corn, putting the corn into a pot and cooking it, then eating it and being upset that you ate corn and not beans. Humor is always much appreciated!

No comments: