Monday, May 24, 2004

It's nice to know Andy can now share in my workplace technology, which he'll soon realize is a huge annoyance, especially being computer literate. Our Cisco phones at The Workplace are IP phones, and I'm assuming they are the exact same ones Andy will be using. The hookup and online directories are nice, but the reverb on the line is a bit annoying and the random phone call that got directed to is just plain bothersome and time consuming. "You wanted to sign up for what? And that is where? I'm going to have to transfer you Buddy." Second, the thin client workstations are nice in that all your files are always backed up on the corporate servers, but you loose the expressability of your PC. No cool wallpaper or customizable start menu. And if the network goes down, well you're just screwed. It's a good thing I get a PC because I'm a programmer. It all may seem cool now Andy, but just give it some time . . .

No comments: