Thursday, May 27, 2004

What in the world! Apparently someone has been going on a cat killing spree with their car. I bet I've seen about a dozen cats in the last few days who lost their ninth life due to a big fat automobile tire. I think its a conspiracy. Cats of The Cove beware! Big Dog Goodyear is rollin' your way!

In my usual style, on a completely different note, my old neighbor stopped by to visit today. I say old not implying that she is old, but they moved away over 10 years ago. They were by far the best neighbors you could possibly have (no offense to my current neighbors whom I am good friends with, you are the second best neighbors). My sister and I were just little tikes when they lived next door, but they did tons of stuff with us. I remember the New Years Eve parties stopping around in the snow at midnight, banging pots and pains. I remember their one son giving me a hockey stick for my birthday and teaching me how to play. And the endless summer days of swimming in their pool and summer nights trying to catch the bat that kept swooping down across the pool. It's amazing the memories that simply seeing a person from years ago can bring back. I am truly grateful for all they have ever done and I hope they stop back again real soon!

No comments: