Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So, I'm sitting at work around 620am this morning when my phone tells me I have a message. I check and it turns out to be Somerset again! Another computer disabled due to some fancy lightning. This is the third one I replaced in less than 2 months. I checked and double-checked all power cables and the whole computer batching system runs thru about 4 different surge protectors. I think I pinned the problem down to the printer. It was the only thing taking power directly from the wall. I figure lighting goes in, kills the printer, then travels thru the parallel port cable right into the computer motherboard. Bye bye computer batching system. So I tied the new printer into the surge protection stream as well. Let's hope I made my last trip out there this year.

To add on to Andy's recent blog and an older blog of mine, turns out Ashley and I will be picking up #12. Another already writing program that requires supporting. So are we the only one's there capable of supporting VB.NET applications? Definitely not. So why are we getting them all? I don't know. To make things a little better, some of these projects are finished and we are only supporting them. But the fact remains, a programmer who would work only on research and development would be a HUGE asset and not a bad idea. Especially now in the busy season.

No comments: