Thursday, May 06, 2004

Well, that's it for me! Later tonight I'll be on my back to the good old cove. A few notes though about my stay and things I've learned.

1. People, if you're at a conference and someone is giving a presentation, TURN OFF OR SILENCE THE CELL PHONE! I bet at least 6 went off today and today wasn't the first time this happened. Come on guys. How old are we? Let's learn some respect for others and remember that the world does not revolve around us.

2. Boston is very fashion "with-it." This may be because the population here seems to be young adults my age or slightly older. Frankly I don't like fashion, and I really dislike those stupid pointy shoes. What, are girls working for Santa Claus now?

3. Bostonians are absolutely obsessed with Boston sports teams. I thought it was just Vikki, but it's all of them! I predict, as soon as the Red Sox win the World Series, all the hype around here will die down forever.

4. People just walk way faster in big cities than in smaller ones.

5. It's annoying when people ask questions to demonstrate their intelligence. Usually you can tell these questions from honest questions by the amount of technical jargon the person uses in his question. Yes, let's phrase the question so only you and the speaker understand it. Actually, I'm not impressed. In my opinion, it makes you look stupider because you can't phrase a question that everyone understands.

6. It appears that NI (National Instruments) only employs young adults, while other companies only employ older folks. NI makes LabView, if you at are familiar with that product. They are big. I find it interesting that the majority of people representing that company were just slightly old than I am.

7. Big cities are nice, but there are far too many people around for my tastes. I'll take The Cove any day of the week!

No comments: