Thursday, November 18, 2004

Nothing like a 600AM wakeup page is there? Well, not when you're used to getting up at 700AM. It took me 15 minutes to fix a problem over the phone, and then another 40 to fall back asleep. You do the math, my alarm was not very welcome. But anywho, the rest of the day went well and here I am typing away. Tuesday Ashley and I released a test version of our latest software that allows us to control a plant for those giant I-beams used in making bridge decks and such. The beauty of this new application is the ability to control everything from anyway in the world! All you have to do is access a certain web page and you get live steam temperatures and you can open and close any valve, or even schedule a cure for a minute from now or a year from now. It's pretty exciting to see the tests and the guys using it like it even more. There's still a lot of work to be done on the system, but preliminary tests show great results! It sort of makes the last couple months worth while. Now (and since Tuesday) I've got lots of time to spend at our on-site location. It's a great environment! Extreme heat, high decibels, tons of dust, and I have to be inhaling some sort of gas because the air just isn't smelling right. What can I say, I make things work, and it gives me satisfaction.

In other news, Vikki has reminded me Solstivus has indeed brought its wonderful miracles once again. The beauty about Solstivus Miracles is that they can be personal miracles. Of course, if it is indeed a great miracle such like the original 15 Solstivus Miracles (all I can remember of them is one had to do with a flaming cutting board . . .) then it will be ordained by The Founders of Solstivus, but you can have personal Solstivus Miracles. In fact, some of those turn out to be better (hinting at the 30 odd miracles of my college senior year).

No comments: