Tuesday, November 02, 2004

So I've been watching Decision 04 for the last 2 hours and 45 minutes and I am still just as clueless about how they project the winner of each state now as when I started watching. Some of these states have only 2% of their ballots recorded and they have a projected winner! Does anyone else find this incredibly inaccurate?? I keep hearing about these computer models. Now, if you don't remember Hurricane Ivan, well you've been living in a dream world. If you know even a little bit about weather technology, you know that computer models also project hurricane storm tracks. If you kept tabs on all the hurricanes this year like I did you would know a new computer model for the storm track came out many times a day! Many times Hurricane Ivan was projected to not even touch Florida! But, eventually you're prediction time frame becomes so small that my pet spider monkey could make an accurate projection. Let's hope these computer models choosing the president are a little more precise (though I don't know how, and keep in mind I am a computer engineer by degree) than my pet spider monkey.

No comments: