Monday, March 15, 2004

Apparently it's slander New England/Boston day so I figured I might as well join it. Notice how multiple people use this New England/Boston context. Apparently the region of the United States that is New England thinks it is one giant city called Boston. Now, last time I checked, New England included such states as Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island (which isn't even close to an island, more signs of confusion). While the city known as Boston covers roughly an area of about 59 square miles. While obvious to me, as well as some others, the following equation is no where even close to true: New England=Boston. Even Non-Euclidean geometry can't prove that one. However, this concept still escapes a few others, mainly those that live in Massachusetts. While I live in the state of Pennsylvania, I do not consider myself from Pittsburgh, or Philly. But hey, to each his own.

No comments: