Tuesday, March 16, 2004

What constitutes a message from God? Is it a good friend talking to you about something you've been praying about? Is it a gut feeling that you get, or a random note left on your car door? We always ask (at least I do) for guidance with decisions in our lives, but how does one know that he is actually hearing what The Big Guy is saying? One would not be expecting a booming voice from the sky, maybe the truth is what one is hearing and feeling and is not what one wants to be. But then again, maybe it's that other feeling of what one wants that he hears. God won't always tell us to do what we want, but He won't always tell us not to do what we want either. So how does one distinguish between the two? I've been around enough people that say, "Oh yeah, and God told me to do this and then He said to do that . . ." Am I missing something? Do people read into things or too much, or do I not do it enough? Am I deaf and not know it, or perhaps is what I know the problem. That's one of the greatest mysteries of life I think. Basically, it will always to come to what you believe . . .

No comments: