Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Pretty soon I'll be walking around sporting a new pager and cell phone. The word is, that an order has been put in and I should get these two items very shortly. I do want to point out, I am getting these thru my job. If I had no job or I had a job that did not require me to have such items, believe me, I wouldn't have them. Also, I should be getting a laptop real soon as well. Pretty soon I'll be owning this company. Well, maybe not. Not that I would really want to anyway. It's hard for me to work for a company that destroys habitats that sustain Nature's beauty and magnificence in order to pollute the air with automotive exhaust and driver's empty McDonald's Big Mac containers. What keeps me their despite this fact is that if I were to quit, it wouldn't matter to them, they'd keep doing it. What I can do it make plants work more efficiently with controls and software so they run less and thus pollute less. So I can justify what I do, but it does bother me sometimes.

Anyway, life wouldn't be interesting without predicaments would it?

Today's Engineering Proverb: "Why fix what isn't broken?" You may always want the latest and greatest, but is it really necessary if things work fine the way they are?

No comments: