Thursday, March 18, 2004

Remember back when you were a little tyke and your parents, or some adult would read you stories? When was the last time you sat back and had someone read you a story? Tonight, I had a story read to me for the first time in a very long while. It was right after supper and UB (Uncle Boomer) read an exert from his book that he is currently writing. It was a fantastic tale with philosophical metaphors and diabolical allusions. As I sat there and listened to it intently, I thought not only about the story being read, but how it was being presented. I read all the time. Basically I read whatever I can get my hands on. I'm all over the internet reading news, science, howstuffworks.com, you name it. I read fiction books, non-fiction books, magazines, whatever. But no one ever reads it to me. It's nice sometimes to just sit back and be read a story. No straining your eyes or squirming in your seat. It's just you and the images you manifest in your mind. When was the last someone read to you?

No comments: