Sunday, March 21, 2004

It seems as though ever time I'm putting something together, I injure myself. This weekend I started putting together my new arcade. If you read My Arcade Blog you'd be up on this. Anywho, I was screwing in some screws and running my thumb across them to make sure they were flush with the wood. However, on one screw I failed to see that my drill pit broke off and was sharply prodding out of the screw head. Too late! The blasted thing was so sharp I didn't realize I cut thru half of my thumb until I was done testing for flushness. Luckily I quickly (very quickly b/c blood was gushing rather quickly) went to the sink, washed it under cold water for a little bit, then walked around with my hand up in the air for a few minutes.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of Bandaids. I barely ever use them. Once in a while, I'll cut myself good enough that I require something other than my jeans to stop the flow of blood. When that happens I want a Bandaid. Now, I'm not a doctor or anything, but I bet it would be safe to guess that most cuts occur on the hand. Now, the question is, "Why is it so dang hard to open a Bandaid package with one hand! COME ON NOW! I'm bleeding all over the frickin' place because I have to use two hands to open that dang thing. You'd think Johnson & Johnson would figure something out and let you open the small packages with on hand! And those stupid non-stick covers on the Bandaid are NOT helping either.

Anyway, back to my original story. After I apply the Bandaid, all is better. I took the Bandaid off a number of hours later and now I have just about the worst paper cut you could possibly imagine on the fingerprint of my thumb. I was tempted to get out the super glue when I did this, but then I remembered I had super healing ability and I quickly abandoned that idea.

No comments: