Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Irony is the word for the day. Today at work, Gary told someone about my work on scoreboards back in my days. Let me just repeat how much I REALLY dislike scoreboards since then. Anywho, Larry's scoreboard is broken so Jimmy gets a call on fixing it. Come on now, I don't know what's wrong with it! The reason we built our own scoreboard was because we couldn't figure out how they work! But I took some screws of and peaked around. Since peaking also involves touching components I was quickly running my fingers over ic's and stuff when suddenly, BLAHHHHHHHHHH! I got the jolt of my life! My whole arm spasmed as 12.6 volts at 1 amp jabbed thru my body. Now I've gotten shocked before, but this was serious. If my heart didn't stop for a second then it stopped for a minute, whatever that means. After that I decided I had enough and screwed it back up and said to Gary, I see no problems, but don't touch THAT piece!

Anywho, the irony of my story has yet to be realized. Scoreboards had not been mentioned to me since about April 25th. So when it was brought up today I was a little surprised. Then, I check my e-mail not too long ago. There's an e-mail in it from some guy from the Philippines claiming he is doing exactly what we did and he wants more info on it. WOW! First of all, the fact the he even found our information on it surprises me, but it was brought to my attention that if you do a google search for "scoreboard integration" our website is first on the list. Anyway, the this is why I love life! What are the odds that two pieces of that 10,000 piece puzzle would fall off the table on the floor at the exact same time and then fit together? Probably a lot greater if the puzzle was pre-assembled . . .

No comments: