Friday, December 05, 2003

Let me defend Pennsylvania for a second here. I want the record to state that when I was in high school snow did not stop my school district from closing. There would be ice on the roads and Jimmy would still have to get up normal time to catch the bus. The forecast would be for two feet of snow, but guess what? Jimmy is still waking up normal time to go to school. Now if when I got to school and the snow had accumulated to a few inches, they would let us out so we could get home in a vary slow fashion. At the time, this did stink because I would want off school like every single other school district within 50 miles. However, with a half day for us, we would never need to make up the snow day. So it's not Pennsylvania's fault for canceling school the night before, it's all of those superintendents from Florida and North Carolina who are making these decisions. Schools around Altoona didn't cancel until this morning and it did start to snow before they called it off. You don't mess around when there are mountains around. There are many roads around here I wouldn't want to drive in a few inches of snow and I've been driving in the stuff for 7 years now. I can fishtail my way out of any road! But I do drive according to the conditions, I don't fall under Andy's category 1 or 3 of snow drivers.

So my pet spider monkey lead me astray today. The weathermen were right and it looks like the bulk of the snow will hit tonight here. They're calling for about a foot of snow. Too bad my snowboard is in the shop getting sharpened and waxed still. But it wouldn't matter anyway, tomorrow and Sunday are paint-more-rooms day. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: