Wednesday, December 10, 2003

There was a time in my short life when I thought it would be cool to work someplace and then have meetings to go to. Share your insights with others and gain knowledge about what others are doing. Well, that day came and went REAL fast! Two meetings today both around 2 hours long. One was a meeting on a future project involving a boiler, steam and lots and lots of open-close valves. Ashley and I will think the project will be pretty straight forward. Gary seems to think that we need to take a step back and re-think. This coming from the guy who three weeks ago said this was nothing, a start-done deal. I guess we'll see who's right in about year. Lets hope it was us. The second meeting was just Ashley and myself and my boss. We went over our plans for the next few months and what we've done in the past month or so. The Boss (not to be confused with The Big Boss, my boss' boss or The Big Big Boss, The Big Boss' father and owner of the company) can talk it up like none other. I say about a paragraphs worth of stuff when he asks me questions and explaining whatever it is I've been doing and then he'll go on about whatever else for 20 minutes. So hours with The Boss results in about 1.5 hours of The Boss talking and the rest us explaining or asking questions. But he's a good guy. Real laid back and super organized. Just the guy you want to work for. Let me tell you, he gets things done! If only the Automation Department could operate like that . . .

No comments: