Monday, January 17, 2005

I don't know where the drivers are worse. In the south, if it snows, people drive too fast, here in PA, they drive too slow. Now grant it, I have front wheel drive on my car and I've been driving in the snow since I was 16, but come on now people, just because we get an inch or two of the white stuff doesn't mean we need to go 25MPH on a 55MPH road. I've got places to go, people to see, and it may happen that I am on a TIME FRAME HERE! It also doesn't help that half the people in The Cove live in one of several retirement communities. In any event, let's not be idiotic while driving in snow, just cautious and smart. If you're coming to a stop sign, slow down a little more ahead of time. If you're on a straight road and there is visible road where tires will fit nicely, feel free to pick up the pace a little.

You may find you have more fun driving in the snow if you use the e-brake to make turns instead of the foot brake. Though this should NOT be used on roadways that are semi-snow covered. To spare your tires, only use on completely snow covered roads!

No comments: