Friday, January 21, 2005

So I played wallyball for the first time ever tonight. It was pretty darn fun! I never knew the real rules of the game, but hopefully I'll get to play a little more often. The sport is all about the cross hit. Like I said, it was great fun.

So let me be the first to say something about the weather here. They call for 6 inches, then 12, then 8, then 4, then 10. Come on now people. It's just a game now! I've got the pet spider monkey warming up his arm tonight. I'll let you know how much snow tomorrow morning. So, I know we've talked about it before, but let me bring it up again. Why are people making a mad dash to the grocery store before the big snow? I don't get it. You are not going to be stuck in your house for days! And even if you were, why bread and milk? Why not get some beer and steak and at least make the days enjoyable. That's something I'll never understand and something you'll never ever catch me doing...unless I actually need the stuff and it just happens to be snowing the next day.

1 comment:

Andy said...

"So let me be the first to say something about the weather here" Dude, you talk about the weather all the time.

Anyhow, consider the following: It was forecasted to snow Thursday night (it didn't) and again this weekend (we'll see). Not only will people be making a mad dash to the store to buy bread and milk, but the weather people on the radio and television encouraged people to do so. Seems irresponsible to me. A few more paralyzing storms like this and I'm moving to the cove.