Saturday, November 08, 2003

And I'm spent! Today was the busiest Saturday I've had in a long time. I woke up around 9am to start painting the living room. So first, we have to move all the furniture against the two walls we're painting. This is not hinky dinky furniture I'm talking about here. Massive bookshelves and large desks all made of very heavy wood. So once we get those moved we tape up the borders around the floor and the windows and the doorway. Finally we are ready to paint. "By the way," The Dad says. "Mom only got us one can of paint. So this on can has to last. No ifs ands or buts." These aren't two small walls either. So we get the trim done and the first coat of paint. And there's only half a can of paint left. And my wall was looking pretty thin. I was a little concerned. The final thought was, if we don't have enough paint at the end, make sure you get the parts of the walls that are exposed good, and the parts behind the furniture can be spotty if need be. Luckily we had a little paint to spare at the end and all was good.

So now the room I am sitting in looks nice and the whole house smells like paint. But life is good. So now all that's left of my day is eat some dinner, watch the eclipse and go to bed.

Only 260 Mb to go until I can see the Matrix 3!

No comments: