Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Maybe I should be concerned. Today I found two dead flies lying next to the plant simulator in my cubicle and a third one struggling to survive (I put him out of his misery). Could this simulator be giving off harmful radiation maybe? Or deadly electromagnetic waves perhaps?? Speaking of radiation, The Workplace just installed a small satellite dish for satellite internet connections. Now, I'm no expert on satellite dishes but when I receive an email stating to not stand in front of it, I get a little concerned. Supposedly this thing pumps out about 400W or power, about the same as a small microwave oven. I think I'll keep far away from that thing. I'm not into the whole tan-during-the-winter thing. And I'm not really into the get-tan-from-a-satellite-dish thing either. Although, we did think that we could park our giant vans under the thing and it will keep the windshields from freezing up. We'd just have to make a mad dash out of the van when we park it.

No comments: