Thursday, November 13, 2003

It was another exciting day today at The Workplace. Don't worry, I stayed well away from the satellite dish. However, as I sat at my computer coding away, a fly fell from the ceiling right beside me. In starting to get a little more concerned. I mean, those things are dropping like. . . Hey come on, that's like the first pun I've had on this blog in a while.

So as I sat at my computer with the flies falling from the air I stood up and looked out the window. All I could see was white! Why was that? Because there was a freakin' white out going on outside! The wind has been insane for the past 24 hours. Last night I wound up sleeping in the basement because the wind just screams thru the shudders outside the windows. So with the wind and the lake effect snow, there were periods of no visibility today.

Then, as I'm driving home from work, nearly getting blown off the road (there was no chance I was going to drive The Van anywhere today, I don't think so) I look up at the telephone poles and notice how the wires have a frequency that would rival most CB radios! I was just waiting for one to snap off and shock the crap out of me and my car.

But it gets better! As you should now know, today was Run Thursday. If the 32 degree air temperature wasn't going to stop, I sure as HECK wasn't going to let little 50mph wind gusts deter me. So there I was, Stupid Jimmy running in the freezing wind storm with his little shorts and a sweatshirt on. And oooooh were my legs cold! Running with the wind wasn't too bad at all, but coming back, oh baby, there were times when I don't even think I moving forward. It was unbelievable. It was running with a 20 pound weight dragging behind you. When I finally made it back to the house, my legs were bright red and numb, along with some other numb body parts. But hey, I say, why not get tough while you get in shape? When those aliens come to abduct me, I'll be ready.

No comments: