Sunday, November 09, 2003

There are just some things that you shouldn't be doing if it is cold enough for me to be wearing a hat outside. One of those things is cutting the grass. Now maybe if it was a 30 minute job that would be ok, but when you're sitting on a mower chopping up leaves and grass for 2.5 hours . . . well, that just needs be done when it's warm enough to feel your fingers. But my hands and digits are slowly recovering. The more I type here the more tingling sensation I get back.

So I went to church with Julie and family today. Today was the first day Julie has been back since Easter. So there was a big celebration for her when we all walked in. A little awkward for me since I didn't know anyone there but it was nice knowing that things with Julie are slowly getting back to normal. Her dad is the minister there but instead of giving a sermon today he talked about the last 7 months. From his stories you could see how clearly God had worked in their lives.

So since The Dad and I only got the one room painted this weekend, I guess we'll have to finish the rest some other time. However, since I made plans for the next few weekends I think I'm pretty safe. This just goes to show you, when you make plans with your friends, you're parents will respect that. Am I making my point? You know who you are.

How to speed up your trip at Radio Shack: When you go to pay for your purchase and the guy at the counter asks you for your name, address, age, number of kids, favorite color, yada yada yada, just tell him in a very serious tone that you are homeless. This may work better if you're wearing cement covered jeans, a dirty shirt and haven't shaved in a few days. However it will stop the questions and get you on your way.

No comments: