Sunday, January 25, 2004

A few things before I get started. In response to Andy's blog, I would ski in -2 degree weather with a -17 degree wind chill. In fact, it's nothing I haven't done before. The only draw back is you only get about three runs before your feet go numb. The skip the cold part and go right to numbness. It makes for an awkward walk to the lodge to get warm. And in actually, the snow is much slipperier when it's well below freezing. When you ski/snowboard in wet snow you just stick around and makes from traveling the flats very difficult and tiring. Secondly, What is the difference between the Academy Awards and Golden Globes? NOTHING! Who cares! "Here have an award people you have fans! Maybe if you're lucky, you'll get another one in a few weeks for the same stupid reason!" I have fans! Where are my awards? I'll except money, I don't need no stinkin' trophy.

Now, since Vikki also mentioned going to the Holocaust Museum, I have a little story. For those of you that are easily offended and very judgmental I'd advise you not to read any further.

It was 10th grade. Field trip to DC! The only drawback is the trip to the Holocaust Museum. I guess we went there because we were learning about the Holocaust in history class. I don't know. So indeed the Holocaust Museum is quite depressing and it has the same affect on the people there. After a few hours my friends and I got sick of the depressing atmosphere. So we decided to spice things up a little and find humor within the Museum. You may think it's difficult to do such a thing respectfully. Apparently it is because a lot of people where glaring at us very rudely. Now, it's not like we were making fun of Jews or anything. Heck we were a diverse group of friends. A white boy, a black girl, an afgahny girl and an atheist boy. So it wasn't like we were mocking the pain felt by these people or anything. Their suffering was very understood, but we looked at it like, "If you're sad, then make yourself happy." Anyway, to make a long story short a lot of classmates didn't talk to us for a while. I still don't get it. I hate being depressed. Despite what some may say, there is nothing wrong with finding humor in every situation. I bet all those that suffered wished they could have had a laugh before they were slaughtered. And I don't think they would want us to suffer as they did. Any how, after we left the Museum we stopped to get a hot dog a few blocks away. Mine had a nasty booger on it. That was NOT very humorous.

No comments: